Forum

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Test and having problem with editing profile

When attempting to edit my profile, including a pic, it keeps taking me back to what appears to be a "new" members sign up page.  Since I am a member does this "form" have to be completed as if I was a new person were making application...??

Let me have a look at the profile settings.  I'll create a test user and try to recreate what you describe so I can fix it.

Was able to recreate the issue as you described. The profile functionality needs some attention as it pertains to permissions because out-of-the-box it appears Wordpress ties the ability to edit your profile through the wordpress admin. We dont want that.  Otherwise we'd have everyone editing the homepage etc etc.  There are plugins that will remedy this. I just need to find the right one (i.e. free). If I cant find one that will do what we want then I'll code it by hand.  Thanks for the feedback. 

Recent thoughts about the Forum log-in.....

• logging in took me immediately to a "Reset you password" page.  Curious about why.
  • Part of the log in page deals with adding a profile photo.  Great option...except... of how it is handled. I probably missed something about doing this.  However, trying to do this option it took me to a new web address (not the club's). Being that made me suspicious.  I checked its details and it stated that using this site to add a profile photo gave them the right to broadcast this information about you anywhere on the internet it wanted.  I backed out of that option as being oddly confusing.
  • Once done with the profile page I found it difficult to leave the page.  There seemed to be no easily found button that said "Done" or similar.
  • Comments welcomed...